What is this?

I recently got into bourbon. And by "got into," I mean I drank some and it blew my mind. If it had been a movie, the bourbon would have been a pretty girl running her hand through her hair in slo-mo while all other sounds and sights in the world were obfuscated by sparkly lights and love songs.

I am not a
connoisseur. You will not read about "accents," "notes," or "noses." You will only read about bourbon. Cheap bourbon. Under $25 per 750ml. Some of these bottles, you will have to wait and hunt and clip coupons to get them that cheap, but it can be done.

Friday, March 1, 2013

#4 Buffalo Trace

Before I tried this, I really liked Jack Daniels.  Well, that's not true, but Jack was something I would order when I was out, and sometimes had at home.  It was pleasant enough.  Buffalo Trace was the first bourbon I had that I really enjoyed, the one that got me trying better bottles.  It's the easier-drinking of the bunch.  Not much burn, not much edge, just really pleasant.  It's lack of personality (and slightly lower proof) keeps it out of the top three, but it's still a really, really nice bourbon.  If you're not into whiskey, this is your gateway drug.

No comments:

Post a Comment