What is this?

I recently got into bourbon. And by "got into," I mean I drank some and it blew my mind. If it had been a movie, the bourbon would have been a pretty girl running her hand through her hair in slo-mo while all other sounds and sights in the world were obfuscated by sparkly lights and love songs.

I am not a
connoisseur. You will not read about "accents," "notes," or "noses." You will only read about bourbon. Cheap bourbon. Under $25 per 750ml. Some of these bottles, you will have to wait and hunt and clip coupons to get them that cheap, but it can be done.

Friday, March 1, 2013

#6 Elijah Craig 12 Year


This gets on a lot of these lists, and it's good.  It's really flavorful, but it's got this burnt aspect, like licking charcoal, that keeps it from being a real favorite.  Some people enjoy the tarry flavor (scotch drinkers, I'm looking at you), but I don't.  Part of why I love bourbon is it's characteristic lack of smokiness.  Maybe my palette isn't really refined, but oh well.  The burnt flavor isn't too pronounced, just a little in the back of the throat.  Other than that, it's what I would call "spicy,"

No comments:

Post a Comment